Thursday, February 4, 2016

Portraits and self portraits

Tips:

1. Alter your perspective
Most portraits are taken with the camera at the eye level of the subject. While this is good common sense - completely changing the angle that you shoot from can give your portrait a real WOW factor.
2. Mirror
A mirror or some other reflective surface offers an even easier way to take a self-portrait. In most cases, the camera will be included in the scene. 
3. Play with backgrounds
The person in your portrait is the main point of interest – however sometimes when you place them into different contexts with different backgrounds you can dramatically alter the mood in a shot.

Environmental Portrait
I really liked this picture because I thought it had an interesting view point of the player. And most people would have just taken a picture from eye level instead of looking at it through the basket. I chose this because one of the tips I chose was perspective and I wanted to see an example of it so I could try some of changing perspective in my pictures.

Photography self portrait
I enjoyed this picture because of how different it was and how the ocean lines up with his water on his shirt. This was an idea I would never thought of and how interesting it is. I chose this because of looking at all the other ones they were all the same and everyone in water was in the water almost all the way. Most of the pictures had the same ideas going were this one was completely different.

Casual portrait
I like this picture of this baby because one, he's really cute and two, he doesn't understand that he is being photographed. So it is a truly casual picture and not posed in a way. I chose it because of how the baby is being focused on and the background is all blurred out. 

Questions

1. An environment portrait is a photo of someone who is in their own environment like where they work and live in the places they belong.
2. The difference between the environmental and the casual is that the environmental photos are more candid then the casual which are supposed to be casual. The casual are more posed and fake than the environmental.
3. In order to get a really good self portrait we need to get a idea for a creative background and creative props and try to get a different meaning and take on the photo. Taking a different perspective of the picture.
4. When I go to take these photos I will be looking to take a photo with a different perspective and with different meanings to me. I am going to try and hid my face as best as I can. I will most likely take a picture of Jolie or my dog because I love my dogs and also I think I could make some good pictures of my dog running or something. Or I was thinking about taking a picture of Jolie playing tennis since I could get a really cool picture of her hitting.





No comments:

Post a Comment