Monday, May 9, 2016

CE 6.2

1. What was the percentage of voters who rejected Proposition 1 regarding ride sharing in Austin? Page A1 "Prop 1 defeat sparks..."
There was nearly 56 percent of the voters on Saturday rejected Proposition 1.

2. What provision of the campus carry gun laws is UT-Austin planning to implement that other schools do not plan to do? Page A1 "UT gun rules likely...." HINT: the answer is on this page, not on the jump
A provision that says a license holder carrying a semiautomatic handgun on campus cannot have a chambered round of ammunition.

3. Why do experts say "El Chapo's" new prison a bad place to hold him? Page A8 "El Chapo's new prison..."
Experts think that it's a bad place to keep him because it's a less secure prison that's in territory firmly controlled by "El Chapos" Sinaloa cartel.
4. What is Petcube? page B5 "It's like Skype for Fido"
A Petcube is a smart camera that allows user to watch their pets in real time and talk and play with them remotely using a laser pointer.
 
5. Who won the Kentucky Derby yesterday? Page C1 "Nyquist could face...."
Nyquist won the Kentucky Derby on Saturday.

Short Answer:

 I have never personally used Lyft or Uber because my parents drive me everywhere and I don't have any money anyways. But my sister and my mom have before, and they both like it a lot and they think it is very convenient. I would definitely use it in the future because well one I can't drive so I need transportation and when I am a lot older and I need a ride home from like down town it would be very helpful. Yes, I think it is perfect for a community like Austin. We have so many people coming down town that fly here without cars and they need a car to drive somewhere that could be too  far to walk. I actually don't know the differences between ride sharing an taxi companies. I thought they were the same thing.
Yes, I think that have the same safety issues and should be treated the same. But I probably don't know enough about them both to say anything or for people to be listening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment