Wednesday, March 2, 2016

C.E. 5.1

1. List the top 2 candidates in the Texas primaries for each political party and tell me the percentage of voters who selected them. Page A1, jumps to page A11 (Hint: you will find the information you need on page A11 somewhere, but looking at the start of the stories on page A1 is smart)
The top two candidates for the the democratic are Bernie Sanders with 31% and Hillary Clinton with 68% and top two for the republican is Donald Trump 28% and Ted Cruz 41%.

2. How many students will benefit from a $1 million donation by Gregg Lowe and his
 wife? Page B1 "Couple donates $1M..."
600 students will benefit from a $1 million donation by Gregg Lowe and his wife.

3. What will Savara Pharmaceuticals do with its recently acquired $20 million? Page B7 "Austin's Savara raises $20M"

With the recently acquired $20 million, Savara Pharmaceuticals will launch new clinical trials of its inhalable drug for cystic fibrosis patients.

4. Which of the 4 streaming titles would you be interested in watching? page D2 "Austin filmmaker getting..."
Out of the 4 streaming titles I would most want to watch "Before we go." It seems like an interesting love story and I love to watch love stories. They always interest me so much, the feeling of fate is so fascinating to me.


5. Who were the two teams that beat the UT mens and women's basketball teams yesterday emphatically sending the message that neither team is ready for the post-season and what was the score in each game? Page C1 (Hint: the boys played one team and the girls played another, they are not the same school)

The UT women were beaten by Baylor up in Waco 74-48. The UT men were beaten up by Kansas in Austin 86-56.


No, I do not think that they should be forced to create a backdoor because it is our  personal information and they shouldn't have the right to look through that. It is uncalled for people to see that. The phone belongs the person that bought it and they should be able to decide what goes on it and what they do with it.

If someone took my phone, I would prefer them not to go through my phone. But if they were to, I wouldn't really have anything that interesting on mine except for texts to my mom. I don't have many interesting things on my phone, Its really just for me to call and text my parents and let them know where I am. Also to text my friends.
No, this should not be a good enough reason of the FBI. People know what they should be doing and should not have to get the FBI.
No, they don't check my phone. My mom trust me to be do the right things on social media but I don't use that much social media, I spent most of my time snap chatting my friends.
I think that their parents should be trusting there children, but I do think some kids shouldn't have any social media if their parents can't trust them to have it. Because there are kids that shouldn't be on some social media that should have their parents being checking their phones.

I think that children should have a phone once they go into middle school, but not necessarily iPhones but phones to call there parents about staying after school or being picked up. They don't need to have an iPhone until they are older near around 8th grade but by high school it is important for them to have iPhones because it helps with school and online textbooks and communication. I think that kids today have to many electronics at young ages distracting them from school and the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment