Monday, November 30, 2015

Questions

-Where were you born and raised?
"I was born and raised in Lafayette, Louisiana."
-When did you come to New Orleans?
"In 1957 through the military during the civil rights movement."
-What was your childhood like?
"Well I grew up poor and under-privileged where people would not let you sit or eat in the same places as the white people."
-When did you go into the military?
"I when to the military in 1955 after I went to Xavier, I went to law school and Loyola in 1952, then 3 years in law school and got a law degree and then I was drafted in the army in 1995, roughly around september."
-Did you except the president role right away?
"No, I did not except presidency right away."
-Were you wanting to be president?
"I had never thought about becoming president at Xavier."
-What were you doing before you worked at Xavier?
"Before I was at Xavier I was in the military and before that I was at law school at Loyola."
-What year were you elected president?
"I was elected president in 1968."
-Where did you go to college?
"I went to Xavier and went to Loyola for law school."
-When did you know that you would become president?
"In 1968 I became president."
-How old were you when you became president?
"I was 37 when I became president."
-How long were you president?
"From 1968 to 2015, for 47 years."

Quotes:

"I spent two years in the army and served and fought in Germany where I was discharged, after two years. When I was discharged Xavier called and asked if I wanted spend a few years filling a position of somebody who was retiring and I had already spent the last 3 years before law school at Xavier. I got the call roughly 1957 two months before I was leaving the army. I accepted the position of being in charge of the freshmen and did that for about two years."

First African-American to enroll at Loyola university New Orleans and then Loyola University law School, were he received his J.D. in 1955.
Graduated from Xavier with a bachelors degree in 1952, he as one of the two African-Amercian students selected to integrate Loyola University Law School in New Orleans, Louisiana. 1955 he became the school's first black graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment